Studdard Moving Group is seeking an experienced Driver. The Driver is responsible for ensuring the overall success of the move process and ensures move is completed according to Studdard standards. Manages the moving process by overseeing all of the work activities that support the packing, loading, and unloading of household, office, and industrial moves for customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates ability to perform all tasks associated with the job titles of General Crew Member and Packing Crew Member.
- Consults with customer on items to be packed and furniture and other household items to be moved.
- Responsible for the directing and assisting with the on-site process of the moving crew involved in packing customer’s property, loading furniture, equipment, and all other related household, office or industrial goods onto moving van or other truck and then the unloading process at destination. Ensures customer’s premises are properly protected with floor and stair protection as needed.
- Oversees and assists in loading truck to ensure a safe loading process and resulting weight distribution forming a compact load and utilizing space. Ensures against damage by utilizing pad protection around furniture, positions blocks and tie ropes/straps, etc. to secure cargo during transport.
- Performs inventories of shipment and prepares required documentation for shipment.
- Drives truck to destination. Ensures safe operation of vehicle, inspects truck equipment and supplies, such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water. May perform emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires, installing light bulbs, tire chains, and spark plugs.
- Maintains truck log in accordance to state and federal regulations. Ensures compliance with all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements including driver logs and Hours of Service reports. Abides by local speed and traffic regulations.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions and advise supervisor of any delays or issues.
- Inspects load before completion of delivery to detect damages for insurance purposes.
- Directs and assists in unloading goods from truck and oversees the crew handling the move-in process and placement of goods.
- Consults with customer to ensure customer satisfaction. Completes delivery paperwork, secures customer signature, handles &/or documents customer issues, and may collect payment from customer.
- May perform other related duties as assigned or as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Three to five years related training and/or experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience required; two years moving van driving experience preferred.
- Must have and maintain a valid Class A or B commercial driver's license.
- Supervisory experience preferred with ability to instruct and train new employees.
If you are looking for a great new challenge in a casual, family-friendly organization with a flexible working environment then this might be the position for you.
Studdard is an equal opportunity employer.