Studdard Moving Group is looking for experienced packers to help with the packing and unpacking of boxes and containers for our customer moves.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows appropriate procedures and instructions in handling items for packing and unpacking as required for the moving process.
- Determines type of packing materials, crating, containerization, and special handling procedures required for shipping or storing goods. Selects protective materials such as wrapping to protect shipment against vibration, moisture, impact, or other hazards.
- Follows proper methods and procedures for packing objects according to weight, type of item and characteristics of shipment. Ensures proper special handling and labeling in packing and unpacking of fragile items, artwork, unusually large or odd shaped items, etc.
- Inspects incoming shipment to detect damages for insurance purposes. Notifies Driver or Crew Leader of issues identified.
- May unpack boxes at destination. Places items into cupboards, drawers, closets, etc. as customer order stipulates.
- Meets customer expectations by maintaining a clean staging area and ensures debris is cleared after packing or unpacking and properly disposes of trash.
- Works with other team members to ensure customer satisfaction and compliance with customer order.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as needed.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Six months to one-year related training and/or experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience required; one to two years related training and/or experience preferred.
If you are looking for a great new challenge in a casual, family-friendly organization with a flexible working environment then this might be the position for you.
Studdard is an equal opportunity employer.